Ben Appel joined Newmark in a leadership role as an Executive Managing Director of Global Healthcare Services, specializing in the sale of, and equity placement for medical office buildings, physician and hospital monetization, re-capitalizations and joint venture equity, and running developer selection processes.
Ben has 12 years of experience and has advised on medical office and healthcare real estate transactions of more than $5.0 billion. His clients include core funds, public and private REITs, pension fund advisors, developers, family offices, healthcare systems, fund managers and private equity firms.
- CNL MOB Portfolio: (Nationwide) Investment Advisory - $1,250,000,000
- Hammes MOB Portfolio: (Nationwide) Investment Advisory - $786,835,000
- Memorial Herman Medical Plaza: (Houston, TX) Investment Advisory - GLA: 510,355
- Carlyle - Project MOB Partners: (Nationwide) JV Equity - $350,000,000
- Morgan Stanley - Core, MOB Development & Acquisition JV (Nationwide) JV Equity - $300,000,000
- Memorial Herman Hospital: (Houston, TX) Monetization, Investment Advisory - $225,000,000
- Methodist Sports Medicine JV Franciscan Health Build-to-Suit: (Carmel, IN) Financing - $194,000,000
- Intuitive Health: (Nationwide) Developer Selection - $175,000,000
- Thomas Jefferson Hospital MOB: (Philadelphia, PA) Investment Advisory - $160,000,000
- Summit Medical Group: (Berkeley Heights, NJ) Monetization, Investment Advisory - $140,000,000
- Atlantic Health System Campus: (Morristown, NJ) Investment Advisory - $138,125,000
- OrthoCarolina MOB Portfolio: (Charlotte MSA) Investment Advisory - $103,500,000
- Doylestown Hospital MOB Portfolio + Forward Sale (Doylestown, PA) - Investment Advisory & JV Equity - $81,500,000
- Princeton College Park Portfolio: (Princeton, NJ) Recapitalization - $70,000,000
- Colesville Medical Campus: (Silver Spring, MD) Investment Advisory - $33,000,000
- Medical Arts Center, Cancer Center: (Hartford, CT) Investment Advisory - $30,250,000
- Atlantic Health System MOB & ACS: (Hunterdon, NJ) Investment Advisory - $31,320,000
Ben is a licensed real estate professional in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the state of New Jersey.
Education and Affiliations
Ben earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics/Business Management and Finance from the University of Maryland. He is an active member of the Jewish Federation of Real Estate.