Bart Vanstaalduinen joined Newmark in 2019 at the firm’s Vancouver office, where he is currently executive managing director and industrial practice leader for Western Canada.
Bart is integral to the continued growth of Newmark’s industrial practice in Canada. He represents public and private corporations leasing new space, renewing existing leases, subleasing redundant space and relocating to new build-to-suit premises. Bart also advises pension funds, REITs and private equity firms on acquiring and selling investment properties and helps developers acquire land for new projects.
Bart joined Newmark in 2019, after nearly 17 years as a vice president in Cushman & Wakefield’s Vancouver office. He previously worked in industrial sales and leasing at CBRE for more than five years.
Partial Client List
|The Beedie Group
|Canada Cartage/Direct Limited
||NEXII Building Solutions|
|Fisher & Paykel Appliances||Tech Data|
Significant Sales Transactions
- Recipe Unlimited Corp. headquarters, 199 Four Valley Drive, Vaughan, ON: industrial investment sale, $42.0 million
- Dominion Triangle development lands, Port Coquitlam: $35.0 million
- Maple Leaf Foods distribution center, 100 McLeod Avenue, Saskatoon, SK: industrial investment sale, $25.0 million
- 8205 Dallas Drive, Kamloops, BC: industrial investment sale, $21.0 million
- Sony distribution center, 65 North Bend, Port Coquitlam, BC: owner-occupier sale, $19.25 million
- 1060 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC: investment sale, $10.1 million
Significant Lease Transactions
As a tenant representative
- NRI Distribution: several properties, 500,000 SF
- Direct Distribution: 1005 Derwent Way, Delta, 106,000 SF
- LKQ Corp.: Golden Ears Business Park, 105,000 SF
- Canada Cartage Systems: 1488 Coast Meridian Road, Port Coquitlam, 96,000 SF
- Tech Data: 7415 Nelson Road, Richmond, BC, lease renewal, 77,772 SF
As a landlord representative
- 2821 Production Way, Burnaby, BC: new industrial lease, 233,603 SF
- President’s Round Table, Cushman & Wakefield, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2017 and 2018
- Top 10 Vancouver, Cushman & Wakefield, 2017
- Top 30 Nationally, Cushman & Wakefield, 2011
- Member, NAIOP
- Minor hockey coach
Bart earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in marketing and finance from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. He attended the university on a hockey scholarship and was the hockey team co-captain.