Ankush Bassi joined Newmark in 2010 as a financial analyst in New York and currently serves as the managing director of financial services in Houston. Mr. Bassi provides Newmark’s full range of financial services to its diverse clientele, enabling them to make informed strategic decisions based on key metrics. He has extensive experience conducting financial due diligence, valuation and financial structuring on behalf of owners, investors, lenders and tenants for various asset types totaling more than several million square feet. He specializes in quantitative analyses pertaining to commercial real estate leasing and investments.
Mr. Bassi has been a part of many sale/disposition transactions concerning apartment buildings, retail shopping centers and office buildings. He also has four years of commercial architectural experience in India and the Middle East, including on-site work at Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world.
Partial List of Transactions
- AVAYA: Global strategic facilities review of its 7.7 million SF lease/owned portfolio
- URS: Global strategic facilities review of its 6.0 million SF lease/owned portfolio
- Mitsui Fudosan Inc. (New York): Leasing of its 2.3 million SF building at 1251 Avenue of the Americas
- UNIFY: Global strategic facilities review of its 1.5 million SF lease/owned portfolio
- Morgan Stanley: 1.2 million SF renewal/expansion
- Optimum Ventures: 850,000 SF mixed-use development
- Overstock.com: 800,000 SF HQ plus warehouse leasing deal
- Panasonic: 250,000 SF HQ relocation
- New York Genome Center: 175,000 SF HQ leasing deal
- Dunkin Brands: 175,000 SF leasing deal
- Komar: 160,000 SF HQ relocation
- Weight Watchers: 125,000 SF HQ relocation
Mr. Bassi holds a Master of Business Administration degree from the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University, where he concentrated in finance with a focus on real estate finance.