Andrew Sachs joined Newmark as an executive managing director in its New York headquarters in 2013. A 27-year real estate veteran, Mr. Sachs has acted as strategic advisor and broker on behalf of numerous institutions and corporations on the tenant and landlord side, providing creative solutions to address their complex real estate requirements. His expertise includes commercial leasing, financial analysis and commercial office construction. To date, Mr. Sachs has negotiated more than 11 million square feet of transactions.
Notable tenant clients for which Mr. Sachs has acted as advisor include:
Corporate: Altegrity Risk International, Inc., Joele Frank Wilkinson Brimmer & Katcher, Liberty International Underwriters (Liberty Mutual), Makovsky & Company, Marsh & McLennan Companies
Media/Tech: Admeld, Inc., Counter Logic Gaming, Engine Shop LLC, The Madison Square Garden Company, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., New York Daily News, The New York Times Company, Peloton Interactive, Inc. T-Mobile,
Financial: Clayton Dubilier & Rice Holdings, LP, Dabroes Management LP, Fidessa Plc., Fieldpoint Private Bank, KGS-Alpha Capital Markets, LP, Khronos LLC, Landesbank Baden-Württemberg, Lanx Management LLC, MFA Financial, Inc., MidOcean Partners, Millennium Partners, L.P., Pragma Securities, LLC, Seawolf Capital LLC, Sterne Agee & Leach, Wellspring Capital Management LLC
Law: Becker Glynn Melamed & Muffly LLP, Davidoff Hutcher & Citron, LLP, Ellenoff Grossman & Schole, LLP, Furman Kornfeld & Brennan LLP, Kriss & Feuerstein LLP, Reitler Kailas & Rosenblatt, LLC
Real Estate: Brixmor Property Group, Inc., Douglas Elliman, Lend Lease, The Pinnacle Realty Group
Non-Profit: Fair Health, Genesis Philanthropy Group, Girl Scouts of the USA, Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Center
Fashion: Hano USA, Hartmarx, Hermes of Paris
As a landlord advisor, Mr. Sachs has directed the marketing, repositioning and leasing of a number of high-profile properties on behalf of a wide variety of institutional and entrepreneurial building owners, including:
- Paramount Group, Inc.: 1301 Avenue of the Americas (1.75 million F), 1633 Broadway (2.4 million SF), 1177 Avenue of the Americas (1 million SF) and 900 Third Avenue (600,000 SF)
- The Port Authority of NY and NJ: One World Trade Center (3 million SF new office tower)
- Vornado Realty Trust: 1290 Avenue of the Americas (2 million SF)
- Fisher Brothers: 299 Park Avenue (1.2 million SF)
- Marsh & McLennan Companies: 1166 Avenue of the Americas (900,000 SF)
- Macklowe Organization: 540 Madison Avenue (300,000 SF) and 2 Grand Central Tower (565,000 SF)
- APF Properties: 25 West 45th Street (200,000 SF), 28 West 44th Street (375,000 SF), 286 Madison Avenue (135,000 SF) and 1156 Avenue of the Americas (85,000 SF)
- Reckson Associates Realty Corp: 810 Seventh Avenue (691,000 SF)
- UNIZO Holdings Company, Ltd.: 440 Ninth Avenue (425,000 SF) and 321 West 44th Street (260,000 SF)
- Bertelsmann Property, Inc: 1540 Broadway, (400,000 SF disposition at the firm’s 1 million SF headquarters)
- Emigrant Savings Bank: 6 East 43rd Street (350,000 SF)
- Blackacre Capital/SL Green Real Estate Investment Trust: 1370 Avenue of the Americas (319,000 SF)
- S.L. Green Real Estate Investment Trust: 6 Times Square (310,000 SF)
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Sachs served as executive director with Cushman & Wakefield and, earlier in his career, as managing director with Insignia/ESG.
Mr. Sachs is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY). He received REBNY’s 2009 Edward S. Gordon Award for the sale and leaseback financing of a 750,000-square-foot condominium interest in the New York Times Building.
In 2018, Mr. Sachs became a member of the board of advisors for the James A. Graaskamp Center For Real Estate at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business.
Mr. Sachs holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Boston University.