CA RE License #01716532
Aliya Coher is a Managing Director in Newmark’s downtown Los Angeles office with over fifteen years of experience exclusively representing tenants in meeting their commercial real estate needs. Coher focuses on serving non-profit organizations and corporations in the greater Los Angeles area. She advises clients on lease renewals and relocations, space expansions and consolidations, acquisitions, dispositions and overall strategic and financial assessment. Coher has a strong background in strategic planning that enables her to provide a macro-business perspective of how real estate can meet and complement clients’ overall strategic goals while maximizing value. She is a member of a five-person team that has worked together for over eight years.
Prior to joining Newmark, Coher was an Associate Director with DTZ and Studley’s downtown Los Angeles office. She was responsible for establishing strategic alliances, engaging key decision-makers in the marketplace, providing lease and market analyses and facilitating client negotiations.
- AV, Inc. - consolidation and relocation in Monrovia, CA; Lease restructure in Simi Valley, CA; 40,000 SF
- DLA Piper – Lease restructure in Downtown LA for 30,000 SF
- LACMA - Lease restructure and expansion in LA, CA; 70,000SF
- Wells Fargo. Office consolidation and renewal in West Covina, CA; 23,000 SF
- J. Paul Getty Trust - Lease negotiations, renewals and building dispositions for multiple properties in Southern California totaling over 100,000 SF
- Wedbush Securities- Lease acquisitions and restructures for multiple locations across the Western United states, including Wedbush 110,000 RSF headquarters in Downtown Los Angeles
- Green Dot – Lease acquisitions, renewals, dispositions and restructures for national portfolio including 130,000 SF headquarters in Pasadena, CA
- AV, Inc.
- Brown & Riding
- Green Dot
- J. Paul Getty Trust
- RTKL Associates, Inc.
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Wedbush Securities
- University of LaVerne, Pacific Oaks College
- Rockbridge Growth Equity
- Ladas & Parry LLP
- Scratch Financial
- Seyfarth Shaw, LLP
- Young Center
- Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
Professional Recognitions and Associations
- Los Angeles area Vanderbilt Alumni Association, Past President
- Vanderbilt Alumni Association, Past Board Member
- Polytechnic School Alumni Board, Annual Fund Chair
- Natural History Museum of LA County, NHM Next Board Member
- Hillsides Home for Children, Young Professionals Board Member
- 1995 Tournament of Roses, Rose Queen
- Los Angeles Business Journal Silver Award for Best Office Lease-2015
- Bisnow 2014, 2016 Los Angeles Power Woman
Coher holds a bachelor’s degree in communication studies and a minor in Spanish from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee.