Adam Spies serves as Newmark’s Co-Head of U.S. Capital Markets. A real estate veteran of more than two decades, Spies and his industry-leading team have been involved in most of the world’s largest, highest-profile and record-setting transactions over the last three decades. Known nationally as top capital markets leaders, Spies and his partner Doug Harmon ranked #1 in capital markets in New York for 2022, closing nearly $5.7 billion.
Based in Newmark’s headquarters in New York, Spies joined the company in 2023 from Cushman & Wakefield, where he served as Chairman of Capital Markets. Prior, Spies and Harmon were the top capital markets team at Eastdil Secured.
Areas of Specialty
- Capital Markets
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- 1 Manhattan West, Manhattan, New York, $2.9 billion
- Spring Creek Towers, Brooklyn, New York, $1.84 billion
- Chelsea Market, Manhattan, New York, $2.4 billion
- Stuyvesant Town-Peter Cooper Village, Manhattan, New York, $5.44 billion
- 111 Eighth Avenue, Manhattan, New York, $1.9 billion
Spies earned an undergraduate degree from the University of Vermont.