Adam Doneger serves as Newmark’s Executive Vice Chairman of U.S. Capital Markets. He joined the firm in February 2023 after spending more than six years at Cushman & Wakefield. Adam has worked on over $150 billion of transactions across all asset classes, including multifamily, office, retail, industrial, self-storage and hotel.
Prior to Cushman & Wakefield, Doneger worked at Eastdil Secured where he served as Managing Director, and Brookfield Asset Management in their Real Estate Debt Fund. Doneger began his career at Morgan Stanley in the real estate group.
Achievements and Affiliations
Doneger is a former professional lacrosse player and played for the New Jersey Pride in Major League Lacrosse (MLL) from 2003 to 2007. He was named the Major League Lacrosse Rookie of the Year in 2003. Prior to joining the MLL, Doneger played college lacrosse at Johns Hopkins University where he was named a two-time First Team All American and team captain during his junior and senior years. Doneger was also appointed to the All Time JHU Lacrosse Team. In 2002, Doneger played for the United States Men’s National Team that won a gold medal in Australia. In 2014, Doneger was elected to the Long Island Lacrosse Hall of Fame.
Doneger currently serves on the Board of Directors for River Fund, a not-for-profit dedicated to fighting hunger, homelessness and poverty in city neighborhoods. Doneger serves as a Leadership Fellow at Johns Hopkins University and sits on the Johns Hopkins University Athletic Department Advisory Board. He is a licensed real estate salesperson in the State of New York.
- 1 Liberty Plaza - $1.0 BN Office 49% interest sale, one of the largest transactions of 2023
- Harmony Housing Portfolio - $1.15 BN sale in 2023, 10k unit sale
- Solow Residential Portfolio - $1.75 BN advisory assignment in Manhattan across 1,800 units
- 1 Manhattan West - $2.85 BN sale in 2022, largest NYC office sale of 2022
- American Copper - $837 M luxury multifamily sale in 2022, over $1 M / unit
- 19 Dutch - $489 M luxury multifamily sale in 2022, over $1 M / unit
- Sale of Columbia Property Trust - $4 BN GAV, advisory to buyer PIMCO
- 640 Columbia Street - $333 M industrial sale in Brooklyn, largest NYC industrial sale of 2022
- 100 Pearl - $850 M office sale in 2021, $878 psf downtown office psf record
- 76 11th Avenue - $900 M UCC Foreclosure on a condo / hotel
- 220 E 42nd Street - $790 M, 49% Interest sale for SLG in 2021
- 860 Washington Street - $312 M trophy Meatpacking office, bifurcated into fee and leasehold
- 30 Hudson Yards NY -$2.2B sale lease back for AT&T 1,463,000 SF
- IAC Industrial Portfolio National - $800 MM Recapitalization 8.0M SF
- Pfizer, New York – Head Quarter Relocation and Disposition of existing assets (in excess of $500 Million)
- Recapitalization of 10 Hudson Yards, New York – Sale Price: $2.2 Billion, Total SF: 1,800,000
- 787 Seventh Avenue, New York – Sale Price: $2.0 Billion, Total SF: 1,700,000
- The Crown Building, 730 Fifth Avenue, New York – Sale Price: $2.0 Billion, Total SF: 400,000
- 1285 Sixth Avenue, New York – Sale Price: $1.7 Billion, Total SF: 1,800,000
- Time Warner Center, New York, 10 Columbus Circle – Sale Price: $1.3 Billion, Total SF: 1,100,000
- 650 Madison Avenue, New York – Sale Price: $1.3 Billion, Total SF: 600,000
- The Sony Building, 550 Madison Avenue, New York – Sale Price: $1.1 Billion, Total SF: 850,000
Doneger holds a Master’s degree in Real Estate from New York University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from Johns Hopkins University.