Ted Lacy joined Newmark in 2019 and currently serves as a managing director in the company’s Salt Lake City, Utah, office. A 22-year veteran in real estate, Ted has substantial expertise in commercial real estate, including tenant representation, franchise representation and retail investment property. Ted has conducted more than 100 transactions in 40 states worth in excess of $600 million.
Ted joined Newmark after serving as a tenant advisor with MTN Retail Advisors. In this capacity, he was the master broker for a national retail tenant that expanded its concept nationwide.
Ted credits his success partly to his background as an in-house real estate professional for Kmart Corporation, Academy Sports + Outdoors and the Kroger Corporation.
The expertise that Ted has acquired over the years in the areas of site acquisition, market analysis, competitive analysis, financial analysis and lease negotiation has made him a valuable asset to his clients.
Partial List of Transactions
- Expansion of Academy Sports + Outdoors in the southeast U.S.
- 20+ Kroger Fuel Centers in the southwest U.S.
- Expansion of Kmart, Big Kmart and Super Kmart stores in the southwest U.S.
- 80+ Ace Hardware Stores across the continental U.S.
- Partial Client List
- Ace Hardware Corporation
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Member of the Architectural Review Committee, Canyon Place
- Vice president of the board of directors, Aix La Chapelle
- Licensed Utah real estate broker
Ted holds a Master of Business Administration degree in marketing from Westminster College. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and finance from the University of Utah, where he was a member of the Beta Sigma Honor Society.