As regional director of engineering for the Eastern region, Sean Shafer is responsible for overseeing engineering operations, working with clients to increase the efficiency and value of their assets, and developing and implementing best practices. Sean is also a primary technical resource and subject matter expert for Newmark property management and brokerage personnel. With more than 24 years of direct engineering experience, Sean has substantial expertise in the operations of commercial real estate ranging from Class A office to retail and industrial/warehouse portfolios.
Sean joined Newmark following its acquisition of Continental Realty, where he had worked for 13 years. Most recently, he served as the corporate operations manager in the company’s Columbus, Ohio, office. In this position, he was responsible for all facets of facility operations for Continental Realty’s management portfolio, including daily and preventative maintenance, construction management, contracted services, property inspections and Continental Realty’s in-house service department. Sean also functioned as the company’s high-rise operations and engineering specialist.
- LEED Green Associate certification, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Member, Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA) Columbus
- Member, International Facilities Managers Association (IFMA)
- High Rise and High Hazard Building Safety Certification, 2010
- High-rise Safety Certification
- State of Ohio Department of Health Asbestos Hazard Evaluation Specialist, 2004 - present
- Refrigeration Certification and Stationary Engineering Training, 1998
- West Virginia Engineer in Training (E.I.T.), 1996
Mr. Shafer earned a Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering from West Virginia University Institute of Technology.