Ryan Kelley joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2019, and currently serves as a Vice President in the firm’s Madison, Wisconsin, office. Based in the Madison market, Ryan has participated in more than 600 appraisal review and valuation assignments across a wide spectrum of property types in markets located throughout the country.
Ryan joined Newmark after eight years of working for State Bank of Cross Plains. Prior to Cross Plains, Ryan spent five years at Monona Bank, where he underwrote numerous commercial real estate transactions, including loans for the bank’s commercial loan portfolio, and established the bank’s appraisal review function. Prior to Monona Bank, Ryan was a commercial credit analyst for AnchorBank, fsb, focused primarily on reviewing commercial and industrial (C&I) loan transactions and risk-weighting the bank’s reserve requirements for its multifamily loan portfolio.
- “An Introduction to Real Estate Markets for Portfolio Modeling,” published in The RMA Journal, May 2018
- “Leveraging Data to Enhance Returns from the Commercial Appraisal Process,” published in The RMA Journal, October 2017
- Received first place in the Risk Management Association’s National Article Writing Competition, 2017
- Practicing Affiliate, Appraisal Institute
- Member, Board of Review, city of Monona
Licenses and Designations
- CRI Associate, CRI Society
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, and North Dakota
Ryan earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and political science from the University of Montana.