Ryan Kelley is a vice president in the Madison, Wisconsin, office of Newmark Valuation & Advisory. He began this position in 2019, after eight years of working for State Bank of Cross Plains. Based in the Madison market, he has participated in more than 550 appraisal review and valuation assignments across a wide spectrum of property types in markets located throughout the country.
Previously, Ryan worked for five years at MononaBank, where he underwrote numerous commercial real estate transactions, including loans for the bank’s commercial loan portfolio, and established the bank’s appraisal review function. Prior to MononaBank, Ryan was a commercial credit analyst for AnchorBank, fsb, focused primarily on reviewing commercial and industrial (C&I) loan transactions and risk-weighting the bank’s reserve requirements for its multifamily loan portfolio.
- “An Introduction to Real Estate Markets for Portfolio Modeling,” published in The RMA Journal, May 2018
- “Leveraging Data to Enhance Returns from the Commercial Appraisal Process,” published in The RMA Journal, October 2017
- Received first place in the Risk Management Association’s National Article Writing Competition, 2017
- Professional Affiliations
- Affiliate, Risk Management Association
- Practicing Affiliate, Apprasial Institute
- Licenses and Designations
- CRI Associate, CRI Society
- Certified general real estate appraiser, states of Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin
In addition, Mr. Kelley serves as a member of the board of review for the city of Monona.
Ryan earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics and political science from the University of Montana.