Richard Smith joined Newmark in 2022 and serves as an Associate Director in the firm’s Atlanta office. Richard specializes in tenant advisory services with a focus on recognizing opportunities, identifying/managing risk, and implementing real estate strategies that meet the financial, operational, and cultural objectives as defined by his clients. He specializes in office, flex-warehouse, service centers, medical office, and retail.
Specifically, Richard works with business owners to locate and negotiate high-value, functional, and well-managed properties to occupy and grow their businesses. He holds a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation in commercial real estate, demonstrating a 29-year commitment to creating professional advice, value, and trust with clients.
Partial Client List
- Crawford & Co. (National Account)
- Welltower REIT
- Challenger Sports (National Account)
- Eye Consultants, Gymshark USA
- Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
- Northside Hospital System
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Independent Insurance Agents of Georgia
- Cambre & Associates
- State Farm Insurance
- Allstate Corporation
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services
- Progressive Medical Center
- Certificate Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- National Associate of Realtors
- Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors (ACBR)
- Lifetime Member of the ACBR Million Dollar Club
Georgia State University – J. Mack Robinson College of Business, BBA, Real Estate and Finance. Andrew College, Associates Degree. Activities and societies include Student Government Association-President, Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, and Scholarship Athlete in soccer and tennis.
Two-time IRONMAN Finisher (Tempe, AZ, and Chattanooga, TN), Nationally Licensed USSF “B” Soccer Coach (serving club, high school, and college), The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Fundraising.