As an Associate Director with Global Healthcare Services (GHS), Mr. Gerakitis focuses on business development, strategic asset dispositions, transaction management and advisory services for the firm’s U.S. Healthcare Capital Markets Group. The team has completed in excess of $2 billion in healthcare real estate transactions recently for providers, investors, developers and other institutions.
Mr. Gerakitis has 10+ years’ experience in healthcare policy/healthcare capital markets and has advised on over $200M in related transactions. His clients include multiple independent specialty groups, real estate developers and investors.
Partial List of Recent Transaction Experience
- Achieved record local pricing for an independent, physician owned medical office portfolio in Virginia Beach, VA
- Helped execute a tax advantaged sale of a hospital anchored portfolio in Belpre, OH
- Assisted in a complex negotiation of a physician practice sale and lease term negotiations with a national hospital operator that facilitated a sale of a large medical office building in Binghamton, NY
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Gerakitis developed his financial background at Southern Company, one of the largest energy providers in the United States. He had multiple roles as a budget analyst and within the treasury department. In addition, Mr. Gerakitis spent time serving as a legislative aide and legislative correspondent; gaining a working knowledge and familiarity with policy and program language, which is particularly helpful within the healthcare industry.
Areas of Specialty
- Healthcare Real Estate
- Federal Healthcare Policy
- Asset Monetization Strategies
- Demand Forecasting
Mr. Gerakitis earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from the University of Georgia, as well as a Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from the University of Georgia Terry College of Business.