Paul Griffith MAI, CRE, FRICS, serves as a senior managing director in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, office of Newmark Valuation and Advisory. Paul leads an office of valuation and consulting professionals that have a combined experience of over 125 years in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Actively engaged in real estate valuation and consulting since 1979, he has successfully completed assignments for acquisition and disposition analyses, market and feasibility studies, litigation, including eminent domain and assessment appeals and corporate asset valuation. In addition, Paul has managed portfolios involving hundreds of properties across the United States.
Paul joined Newmark in 2018, when the firm acquired several affiliate offices of Integra Realty Resources. At the time of the acquisition, he was serving as senior managing director in IRR’s Pittsburgh office.
- National Association for Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Additionally, Paul has qualified as an expert witness in United States District Court, United States Bankruptcy Court, over a dozen Pennsylvania Courts of Common Pleas and numerous county assessment appeal boards.
- Paul is recognized as an expert in valuation methodology and has been an instructor for the Appraisal Institute. Courses taught include Income Approach and Highest and Best Use. He was previously an adjunct professor at Duquesne University. He regularly provides commentary to local media on real estate topics.
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute, November 1984
- Fellow, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (FRICS)
- Member, The Counselors of Real Estate (CRE)
- Certified general real estate appraiser, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and states of West Virginia, Ohio, Maryland, and New York
Paul earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business management from the Pennsylvania State University. He has also successfully completed numerous real estate-related courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute and accredited universities.