Monica Brendsel is an Associate with the Harmon/Spies Capital Markets Team and contributes to all facets of the underwriting and marketing process across all asset classes and geographies, with a focus on institutional assets located in New York City. She has been with the team since 2021 and was part of the larger team’s move from Cushman & Wakefield to Newmark in early 2023. Across her tenure, she has closed over $8 billion in transactions.
Partial List of Sale Transactions
- American Copper Buildings, 626 1st Ave., New York, New York: JDS Development / Baupost sold to Black Spruce for $837 million (2022)
- 640 Columbia, Brooklyn, New York: DHPH / Goldman Sachs sold to CBREI for $330 million (2022)
- 19 Dutch, New York, New York: Carmel Partners sold to Pontegadea for $488 million (2022)
- Black Spruce’s acquisition of Solow Residential Portfolio for $1.75 billion (2022)
- PIMCO acquisition of Columbia Property Trust for $3.9 billion (2021)
Brendsel holds a B.S. in Business Administration from University of Southern California’s Marshall School of Business. She is a licensed real estate salesperson in California and New York.