Mike’s background in healthcare real estate and the law uniquely positions him to provide clients with solutions satisfying the full spectrum of commercial real estate needs across asset classes. His specific experience includes negotiating and closing transactions totaling over $300 million in transaction volume.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mike was leader of an outsourced real estate team for a seven (7) hospital health system. Mike provided the full scope of real estate advisory services across the care continuum both on campus and off including:
- Transactional management across the health system’s real estate portfolio including leasing, acquisitions, dispositions, and ground up development/build to suit projects;
- Development and implementation of real estate strategy in support of operations across the system’s ambulatory care, acute, emergent, diagnostic, and academic health care locations;
- Working directly with senior leadership of all service lines, construction and facilities management, emergent/urgent care leadership, clinical support services leadership, hospital leadership, in-house counsel, physicians, and support staff on real estate initiatives;
- Assembled and led professional teams with legal, engineering, architectural/design, construction, property management, and development expertise to implement the health system’s goals; and
- Performed complex legal, financial, regulatory, entitlement, and market analysis in support of the above.
Mike spent several years practicing healthcare and real estate law. His legal training and practice experience also includes land use and land development, and general corporate law.
Recently Completed Transactions
- Hospital Site Acquisition – 10 acres
- Corporate HQ: 210,000 SF
- Medical School: 180,000 SF - Design-Build & Development
- 10-Site Regional Urgent Care Expansion: 60,000 SF
Site Selection to Lease through Construction and Delivery
- Medical Office Building Lease (Confidential): 40,000 SF - Leasing
- Medical Office Building Lease (Confidential): 36,000 SF - Leasing
- Build-to-Suit Medical Office Building: 12,000 SF – New Construction
- Specialty Care Ambulatory Office Space: 20,000 SF – Leasing/Adaptive Reuse
- MOB and Adaptive Re-Use Projects: 500,000 SF
- Haverford School in Haverford, PA - Alumni Executive Committee
- Association of Medical Facility Professionals, Strategic Partner
- American College of Healthcare Executives, Member
Mike graduated from the Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Cabrini College, and West Chester University. Mike resides in Wayne, Pennsylvania with his wife and two children.