Mike’s background in real estate and the law uniquely positions him to provide clients with solutions across asset classes. His specific experience includes negotiating and closing transactions in medical, academic, industrial, office, land, multifamily, and retail settings – totaling over $300 million in transaction volume.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mike lead an outsourced real estate team for a seven (7) hospital health system. Role highlights included:
- Transactional management across the health system’s real estate portfolio including lease advisory services, acquisitions, dispositions, and development projects across the care continuum;
- Portfolio strategy consulting and implementation in support of operations: including portfolio optimization, site selection, space requirement evaluation, facility consolidation and expansion of healthcare and academic sites;
- Working closely with health system senior leadership across all service lines, construction and facilities management, emergent care leadership, ancillary services leadership, hospital leadership, in-house counsel, and physicians on real estate initiatives;
- Assembled and led professional teams with legal, engineering, architectural/design, construction, property management, and development expertise to implement the health system’s goals; and
- Performed complex financial, regulatory, entitlement, and market analysis in support of the above.
Mike spent five (5) years practicing healthcare and real estate law. His legal practice experience includes real estate, land use and land development, general corporate, and healthcare law.
Recently Completed Transactions
- Corporate HQ: 210,000 SF
- Medical School: 180,000 SF - Design-Build & Development
- 10-Site Regional Urgent Care Expansion: 60,000 SF
Site Selection to Lease through Construction and Delivery
- Medical Office Building Lease: 40,000 SF
- Medical Office Building Lease: 36,000 SF
- Build-to-Suit Medical Office Building: 12,000 SF – New Construction
- Specialty Care Ambulatory Office Space: 20,000 SF – Leasing/Adaptive Reuse
- Additional MOB and Adaptive Re-Use Projects: 500,000 SF
Haverford School in Haverford, PA - Alumni Executive Committee
Mike graduated from the Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Cabrini College, and West Chester University. Mike resides in Wayne, Pennsylvania with his wife and two children.