Michael Altieri, CCIM, has more 15 years of corporate real estate experience that extends to mortgage, multi-family leasing and management, residential brokerage, commercial leasing and sales transactions, project management and property management. Mr. Altieri is currently a leasing director in Newmark’s New York headquarters, where he is a member of the Urban Retail Portfolio Team led by Vice Chairman Mitch Friedel. The team works directly with developers throughout the country to execute on a leasing platform developed to bring a curated, high street-level retail mix to new town centers and mixed-use developments. Mr. Altieri is integral to the team’s current Mid-Atlantic projects, particularly in North Carolina and South Carolina.
Prior to joining Newmark, Mr. Altieri spend more than six years as Broker at NAI Southern Real Estate in Charlotte, North Carolina. He focused on business development and acquiring regional property management and leasing business to expand upon the firm’s portfolio in the Carolinas. He specialized in transitioning new properties and portfolios under management while overseeing financials, budgets, leasing goals, operations and maintenance. Mr. Altieri completed more than $38 million in total sales and leasing deals during his time at NAI Southern while continuing direct management, consulting and project management loads. He has extensive experience with all product types and focused on unraveling distressed properties or those with operational challenges. He has managed properties for large investment funds and Fortune 500 companies, including ING Clarion Partners, Prudential and RREEF (Deutsche Bank Asset Management) as well as TIC owners, small corporations and individual investor/owners. Mr. Altieri also consulted the city of Kannapolis as asset manager on a more than 740,000-square-foot downtown portfolio between September 2015 and October 2017. He excels in creating a tailored approach to accomplish the owner’s goals.
Prior to NAI, Mr. Altieri managed more than 1 million square feet for Lincoln Harris in Charlotte. He focused on managing office and retail properties of all class types.
Mr. Altieri has also worked in multi-family leasing and management with Camden Realty Trust and has experience as a residential real estate broker and mortgage specialist.
- $38 million in sales and leasing transactions
- Represented RL West, for the 350,000 SF retail component of LangTree, a new mixed-use project in Charlotte, NC
- Represented Hughes Investments, for BridgeWay Station, its 350,000 SF mixed-use development in Greenville, SC
- Managed and acquired LEED Silver Certification of a 130,000 SF Class A office building
- Bridgeway Station - Mauldin, SC
- Newman At Belle Grove - Arboretum, Charlotte, NC
- Colonnade at Kings Grant - Concord, NC
- Property/Asset Management
- Phillips Place - South Park, Charlotte, NC
- Olde Lancaster Town Center, Charlotte, NC
- Downtown Kannapolis Village - Kannapolis, NC
- The Rotunda - South Park, Charlotte, NC
- Morrocroft I, II & III - South Park, Charlotte, NC
- Morehead Square - Uptown, Charlotte, NC
- Morehead Square Charlotte - 30,000 SF roof replacement, detention pond renovation
- Meat and Fish Co. - Charlotte - tenant upfit, building renovation and roof replacement
- Successfully on-boarded more than 1 million square feet of retail and office properties
Asset Management Dispositions
- Newman at Belle Grove - Arboretum, Charlotte
- Cavalaris Village - Charlotte
- Freedom Plaza - Charlotte
- 7th and Caswell - Charlotte
- Deal Makers Silver award, 2015 - 9 transactions valued at more than $14 million
- Deal Makers Bronze award, 2014 - 15 transactions valued at more than $6 million
- CCIM designation, CCIM Institute
- Licensed real estate broker, states of Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina
Originally from Northern California, Mr. Altieri attended Wake Forest University, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree.