CA DRE License #00358125
John Stewart serves as the president and CEO of Pearson Commercial and Pearson Realty. The preeminent real estate company in Central California’s San Joaquin Valley, Pearson Realty specializes in farm and ranch properties and commercial real estate (as Newmark Pearson Commercial). Mr. Stewart is experienced in providing single-point-of-contact administration of multi-market real estate assignments for national and regional corporate clients. He has also played an integral role in the conception and implementation of various business plans to assist clients in acquisitions, dispositions, build-to-suits and sale-leaseback transactions. He began his career with Pearson Commercial, a division of Pearson Realty, in 1999 after spending 30 years with CB Richard Ellis Inc. After a successful sales career, he was promoted to managing director of the Fresno CB Richard Ellis office, where he guided the sales staff to more than doubling office revenues in four years. He has also tripled the revenue at Pearson Realty.
Specializing in the recruiting and training of young sales professionals, Mr. Stewart has created and instituted Pearson Commercial’s own ongoing Boot Camp for training new recruits and continued training for all sales professionals and staff.
An active industry and community leader, Mr. Stewart’s extensive roster of memberships and honors include:
- President emeritus, Women’s Odyssey Organization
- Board of directors president, Comprehensive Addiction Programs
- Board of directors, Business Association, California State University, Fresno
- Board of directors, Central Valley Business Incubator
- Advisory board chairman, Gazarian School of Real Estate, California State University, Fresno
- Business advisory council, California State University, Fresno
- Mentor, Lyles Center of Innovation and Entrepreneurs, California State University, Fresno
- Fig Garden Swim and Racquet Club, National USTA Champions, 4.5 adult team, 1996
- Fresno Business Council
- Downtown Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Mr. Stewart attended the University of Southern California, where he played baseball, and was selected for the 1966 Coaches All-American College Team and the 1966 All College World Series Team. After graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree from the school of business, Mr. Stewart played professional baseball for three years before starting his career in commercial real estate.