John Gillooly, SCGREA, CTA, MRICS, serves as a first vice president in the Whippany, New Jersey, office of Newmark’s Valuation & Advisory.
Mr. Gillooly is actively engaged in a wide range of commercial, industrial and residential appraisal assignments. Property types appraised include full and limited service hotels and motels, office and industrial buildings, estate property appraisals, subdivision and land development analysis, retail, land conservation, acquisition and preservation. Assignments include litigation consultation and expert witness testimony in condemnation, property tax assessment, as well as commercial mortgage financing and estate tax valuation, acquisition/disposition analysis.
Prior to Newmark, Mr. Gillooly was a director in the Northern New Jersey office of Integra Realty Resources. Newmark acquired that and several other IRR offices in 2017.
- Director, International Right of Way Association (IRWA) Chapter 15 (New Jersey Chapter)
- Member and former member of the board of directors, Metro New Jersey Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
- Member, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Affiliate, Appraisal Institute
- Affiliate, Association of Municipal Assessors of New Jersey
- Affiliate, International Association of Assessing Officers
- Certified general real estate appraiser (SCGREA), Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, states of New Jersey and New York
- Certified tax assessor (CTA), state of New Jersey
- Licensed real estate salesperson, state of New Jersey
In addition, Mr. Gillooly has qualified as an expert before U.S. Federal District Court, New Jersey Superior Court, the Tax Court of New Jersey and various New Jersey zoning boards, county tax boards and condemnation commissions.
Active in his community, Mr. Gillooly is a member and former director of The Meadows Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to the preservation and restoration of historic sites in New Jersey.
Mr. Gillooly earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Rutgers University. In addition, he has completed the following Appraisal Institute courses:
- Market Studies and H&B Use Analysis
- Report Writing & Valuation Analysis
- Advanced Applications
- Advanced Income Capitalization
- Capitalization Theory & Techniques
- Basic Valuation Procedures
- Principles of Real Estate Appraisal
- Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
Mr. Gillooly also completed courses on property tax administration and real property appraisal at Rutgers University’s Center for Government Services and a course on real estate law at Monmouth University’s Real Estate Institute.