Based out of the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania office, Douglas Krahnke is responsible for the property management operations of Newmark’s portfolio in western Pennsylvania, western New York and West Virginia. In his role as associate director, Mr. Krahnke drives business development efforts, interacts with clients and oversees the property management staff in day-to-day operations, providing best practices guidance to ensure exceeded performance and maximum asset value. He is an effective staff motivator, trainer, and mentor with strong relationship building skills.
Mr. Krahnke is a property management professional with 24 years of experience in the commercial real estate field. He possesses a broad and varied background that spans markets across the country, which focuses on managing office, industrial, retail, and medical product types. Mr. Krahnke is skilled in all ownership environments including managing development, directly owned, third-party and facility management portfolios. His experience also includes handling receiverships and distressed assets for lenders and special servicers. He has worked with some of the largest real estate owners in the country such as ADP, AEGON, MetLife, Morgan Stanley, TA Realty and TH Realty.
Mr. Krahnke’s ability to provide strategic, creative solutions for his clients has earned him recognition for his commitment to performance excellence and total client satisfaction.
- Board member, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Pittsburgh
- Board member, IUOE Local 95 Training Fund
- Member, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Certified Property Manager® (CPM) designation, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
- LEED Accredited Professional certification, U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Licensed real estate broker, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and state of West Virginia
- Firefighter, Wexford Volunteer Fire Company
Mr. Krahnke holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the Pennsylvania State University.