CA RE License #01210122
David Thede is an executive managing director in Newmark’s Palo Alto office, where his efforts have made him a top performer in the region, including a number one ranking for Northern California in both 2005 and 2010. In 2005, David was named Office/R&D Broker of the Year by the Association of Silicon Valley Brokers (ASVB).
Immediately prior to joining Newmark, David ran his own development company and developed two North San Jose campuses totaling over 500,000 square feet for Cadence Design Systems. He was personally responsible for all phases of acquisition, financing, structuring, government approvals, design, construction and management of both projects. Prior to forming his development company, David served as a vice president with Morris Management Company. In this role, he was involved in the acquisition of land valued at more than $25.0 million, the development of more than 250,000 square feet of R&D and office buildings and the management of more than 700,000 square feet of space. Post law school, David joined the law firm Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, where he practiced real estate law for four years in the San Francisco and Palo Alto locations.
Since joining Newmark, David has represented institutions, law firms, software companies, high technology companies, venture capital firms and developers. Among others, his clients include California Pacific Commercial Corp, Charles River Ventures, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Perkins Coie, Stanford University and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (now Stanford Health Care).
Partial List of Transactions
- The representation of Stanford Hospital & Clinics in the leasing of more than 155,000 square feet of office space in the Bayshore Area in Palo Alto
- The representation of Stanford University and Stanford Hospital & Clinics in the development of their growth strategy and their acquisition of Midpoint Technology Park in Redwood City (897,075 square feet of buildings) from MPTP Holding LLC
- The representation of Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison in the pre-leasing of 190,000 square feet at University Circle in East Palo Alto
- The representation of Stanford Health Care in the leasing of more than 170,000 square feet of office and laboratory space in Stanford Research Park in Palo Alto
- The representation of Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital in the leasing of approximately 110,000 square feet of space within Menlo Corporate Center in Menlo Park
- The restructuring of a ground lease, the fee development and the leasing of a 35,000-square-foot building in Stanford Research Park
David received his law degree from Boalt Hall at the University of California, Berkeley, and his undergraduate degree from Stanford University.