Auston Dimitry is a managing director with Newmark’s Strategic Consulting group. Based in the company’s New York office, Mr. Dimitry has more than 12 years of experience developing real estate portfolio strategies for corporate clients and investors. He has served in a leadership role on numerous large-scale, complex M&A, real estate and workplace strategy projects, providing a full range of strategic advice to clients across a variety of industries and geographies.
Mr. Dimitry’s real estate experience includes managing a $350 million real estate portfolio for a private investment group, which provided skills in asset management, along with a diverse background in leasing, market analysis, real estate transactions and alternate finance structures.
For the 10 years prior as an options trader in New York and as a corporate manager for Harrah’s (now Caesars) Entertainment, Mr. Dimitry developed the skills in valuation, negotiation and risk management to maneuver through today’s real estate and capital market environment. These unique experiences give him the ability to assess new situations and help clients create customized solutions to align their real estate with their business strategy.
Key Assignments (all as project lead)
- Portfolio, workplace and capital planning strategies for a southeast regional utility company (over 6,000 employees and 5M SF)
- Project lead on four California metro strategies for a global tech company, including divestiture planning (4M SF)
- Portfolio strategy for a tech firm emerging from Chapter 11 (4M SF)
- Headquarters strategies for two Manhattan non-profits, one involving the merger of two major NYC hospital systems (1M SF)
- Regional strategy for a Los Angeles-based media production company under private equity ownership (650,000 SF)
- Highest and best use (HBU) analysis for an institutional investor in a Jersey City Class A office building (400,000 SF)
- Real estate due diligence and integration planning in connection with several corporate mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Real estate planning for several global financial services and media and entertainment companies
- Series of workshops on alternate workplace strategies conducted for a New York academic institution
Mr. Dimitry currently holds a real estate license in the state of New York. He is a member of CoreNet and certified for change management.
Mr. Dimitry earned an MBA from UCLA and a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from the University of Michigan.