Andrew K. Schroeder MAI, joined Newmark Valuation & Advisory in 2019 and currently serves as a First Vice President in the Denver office. Actively engaged in real estate valuation and consulting since 2006, Andrew has a varied background across multiple property types, property rights, and complexities related to land, office, retail, mixed-use facilities, multifamily, and industrial properties and portfolios. These projects include undeveloped sites, existing structures, proposed construction, and/or properties undergoing renovation. Andrew’s valuations have been used for tax appeals, estates, financing, and due diligence support. His clients have included a variety of local, regional, and national lenders, as well as accountants, brokers, property owners and occupants, corporations, lawyers, and REITs.
Andrew joined Newmark in Denver after having spent nearly 10 years appraising for Colliers International Valuation & Advisory Services out of Seattle, Washington.
- Volunteer for CityBuild/Downtown Denver Partnership, a non-profit membership organization helping shape the future of work and life in downtown Denver.
Licenses and Designations
- MAI designation, Appraisal Institute
- Certified general real estate appraiser, state of Colorado
Andrew earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Willamette University. More recently, he successfully completed numerous real estate-related courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, accredited universities and others. He is currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s voluntary program of continuing education for its designated members. Applicable appraisal course completions include:
- Business Practices and Ethics
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation
- Fundamentals of the Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions
- The Discounted Cash Flow Model: Concepts, Issues, and Apps
- Advanced Income Capitalization
- Site Valuation and Cost Approach
- Market Analysis and Highest & Best Use