Alex Basile is a Managing Director with Newmark’s Multifamily Debt & Structured Finance group. Based in the Bethesda, Maryland office, Alex is primarily focused on arranging debt, preferred equity and mezzanine financing for commercial and multifamily transactions. He joined Newmark in 2020 from Cantor Commercial Real Estate where he successfully originated and distributed over $4 billion of fixed and floating rate senior mortgage and mezzanine capital. Alex has worked on financing assignments in nearly all commercial real estate asset classes and has executed transactions for clients from a wide range of capital sources including CMBS, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, insurance companies and debt funds.
Partial List of Transactions
• Life Time Fitness Portfolio, $174.3 million senior loan, various locations.
• Uline Arena, $120.0 million senior loan in Washington, DC.
• IGT, $97.5 million senior loan and mezzanine finaning in Reno, NV
• Meridian Point Apartments, $50.0 mm senior loan in Puyallup, WA
• 650 S Exeter, $46.0 mm sernior loan and mezzanine financing in Baltimore, MD
Partial Client List
• Angelo Gordon
• Capital Square Realty Advisors
• Douglas Development
• New Mountain
• Sound Hospitality
Alex holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Virginia Tech where he graduated with a degree in finance